Monday, June 13, 2011

Never judge us :)

Apologies for being late posting regarding the feature we had in Aquila Asia this month. Truth be told, I just got my own copy as I was innit alongside with my fellow Scarflets :) Major thanks to Sue Anna Joe and the writer, Sheena. God! I just love the article! This magazine not only incorporates exuberance style in it's own way, I highly salute the fact that they feature us 'hijabistas' in different countries, but makes us appear as one.

Shirt from Like Igloo

See what I mean? If you happen to get a chance to read this piece, you can see that not only it goes into detail about what we, hijab clad girls go through (in spite of all the glitz and glamor you see we get in some days). I am grateful to be living in a country where there's no discrimination towards us, the head-covering girls. I know I am faaaaaaaarrr from perfect to be saying things like this, as I humbly say, I do make lots of mistakes dressing as a true Muslimah. But, trust me, I am slowly trying. Having this blog of mine somehow day by day teaches me in some ways. =) Let's just pray and hope Allah sees our true intentions and helps us along the way, aite? :) Ameen.

Basically, we're just average girls, like you, you and you who's reading this, who happen to be kooky and crazy at times too. We love going to the salon, we play sports, we sleep in the most ugliest yet comfiest night gowns *cough*, we fall in love, we eat like it's nobody's business, and we have zits popping up right in the middle of the nose. But in addition to all those, we just love dressing up for ourselves and we just so happened to become friends along the way. Is that a crime?

I once got a comment saying that we, fashion-inclined girls have nothing else better to do than eat-sleep-die in clothes. I'm sorry to say this, but the person who said that clearly needs to drink some sort of drink to detoxify your brain. It got me mad while reading it. I mean, come, and meet us, and then you'll know what we're made of before you jump into conclusions. Or better yet, grab a copy of this magazine, to have an insight to what hijab wearing girls are full of--intelligence and class of it's own :)


An example of a hijab-clad gal, a trendsetter with a heavenly voice, beautiful to boot, and produce her own songs, all rolled into one. Yuna.

I just love the song, lyrics, music videoclip, concept, beat and everything laaahh!

Muslimahs around the world, shout with me:
"I'm a Muslim girl. I love wearing the hijab!"
(pssstt..I really do!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration