Friday, July 15, 2011

Product Review: Islamic Design House

If you've been blog hopping of late, you must have noticed the Islamic Design House reviews too. Well, I have one for you too now. :)

When I was first contacted by IDH, I was quite excited, because a couple years ago I had ordered 2 IDH abayas, but unfortunately was unable to fit into them. :( So I ended up selling them both. I was quite upset, as they were beautiful... before deciding to sell them, I tried them on once more, but I couldn't even get my arms through them. So I had no choice but to let go.

Anyhow, after that experience, this was a wonderful opportunity to both review an excellent quality product and keep it for once! I was really very interested in their denim styles, but I wasn't suprised to find out that they were all sold out. Boo hoo!!! Then I noticed that almost all the girls reviewing IDH chose their plain black styles. I thought I will go for a different style. So I ended up picking the Route 01 Abayah in the green.

My chosen item arrived in less than 1 week --- my first order 2-3 years ago arrived in the same amount of time. So I was quite impressed with that. :)

And who doesn't love opening packages? Ripping out a brand new item from its packaging?! Oooooh I love love love it! :))) I mean I would have done this post 2-3 days ago when it first arrived, but I was soooo sick so I had to let it wait. Anyways...

Yeah, so I went through the details... Touching it through and through... (I'm a little crazy like that LOL) The crisp, lightweight fabric... Such a great choice as you can totally wear it all year round! The stitches are the most important thing for me in a garment... Well, it's just as important as the fabric quality... This is definitely a garment that will last the wearer for a very long time if maintained well. I was also impressed with how the garment colour was same as the photo on the IDH website.

Then it was time to iron the garment and wear it! And I did just that! However, to my disappointment, it was the wrong size! :( I don't now whether to be happy or upset... but I guess I am more upset than not! I had asked for size 58 Loose. I had checked the measurements and everything on their sizing chart, but couldn't be sure of my own measurements. I thought I couldn't get my arms in the Loose a couple years ago, now it should be perfect. I was wrong. I should have gone for the 58 Regular. :( Alhamdulillah!

Even though I really liked the abaya, I cannot keep it. I cinched it at the back for the photo. It's suitable for Aussie (I think US sizing is similar also) size 16 and/or possibly 18? I'm currently smaller -apparently-, so I guess this calls for a giveaway!!!! :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) My loss is someone else's gain! Well it's gonna be a great gift for Ramadhan inshaallah. So I suggest if anyone is interested, they go to the IDH website and check out the sizing chart to make sure a 58 Loose will be fine on them... My height is 164cm, I went for 58 because I wanted to wear heels with the abaya. So consider that too. THEN!!! Then you can wait for the giveaway I will setup soon inshaallah, and enter to win. :)

So yeah... the photo! :))




So what do you think? It is so flamin' comfy that I really don't want to give it up, but I can't have a clip cinching it for the rest of my life can I? :) And don't you just love those pockets in the front? I just love pockets as I dunno what to do with my hands when walking around. :) When I have pockets, I just tuck them in... nice n' warm. :)

Jummah mubarak! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration