Saturday, May 29, 2010

Back to the Basics with Maysaa

So who hasn't heard of Maysaa yet? Well I say you better get clickety clicking before you are one of the last to find out!

I first discovered Hana Tajima Simson on Facebook which then took me to her blog Style Covered. I've been following her for a while. Born to a Japanese father and English mother, Hana reverted to Islam 4-5 years ago.

I love her style... It took me a while to get used to her style, but now I absolutely love it. She is outside the norm of a typical hijabi look, but that's what makes her Hana! I'm glad she is as she is - she gives us a new perspective.

She is an amazing designer and trendsetter. Through her blog, I have been watching her put together her collection under her fashion label Maysaa since the start. I don't know if you remember, but a while back I had made a post where I was complaining that if only hot full length dresses with full sleeves were available to us hijabis at affordable prices?

Well ladies!.. You/We are now able to find elegant long dresses @ Maysaa with full length sleeves that we can wear as is or accessorize into something else! You can check out the Magazine section at Maysaa for inspiration on how to match the items that are available at her online store.

If you haven't checked it out yet, do so! Supporting Maysaa and others alike is supporting our own community. We often (especially in the west) struggle to find decent and elegant attire that is also in line with our dress code. So when something like this is on offer, I believe it is our duty to share... I also love how the items @ Maysaa can be worn by all women from any background... How you wear it will make it different and all yours!

The only thing I would criticise about Maysaa would be the fact that there aren't enough hijabi shots in her catalogue. I understand where she is coming from, I guess she's just trying to show that her designs can be worn by women from all backgrounds... but aren't there any items which could have been photographed with hijab rather than a hood revealing almost all of the hair?

Other than that, I have to give credit to the wonderful photos, the quality, lighting, and poses in the Magazine section on Maysaa... However, Hana's own photos of herself on her blog are much more striking!

A few examples from her personal styles...

I just love how she has added some extra umph to her maxi dresses with a simple blazer in one photo and a denim shirt+belt in the other.

 
and here... well, the outfit on the left seems ordinary as your can't really tell much, but I just adore her style in the second photo! She looks like a broad from the streets of NYC with hijab...


And now for a little something from Maysaa...


You add this basic hoodie top with a little "twist" to...


this basic long line skirt... oh how we haved longed to be able to find something as basic as this that is also cut as well as this....

to get this:

I love it! Don't you just love how plain, but yet how urban, chic, and elegant it looks? Imagine the number of various looks you can achieve with only these two pieces!

I have left my favourite to last...

The perfect dress! Full length wrap dress with full length sleeves. I absolutely adore this piece! Don't you just love the way it fits? Looks? I definitely want me one... My only worry is that I'm sure it will only be available in certain sizes that I can't get my toosh into!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration