Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bella Pierre - Mineral Make-Up (Trial)

For those of you who are interested in make-up, there is a new brand that produces mineral cosmetics and foundation. They are called Bella Pierre. You may have heard of them previously, but I only found out about them a couple of weeks ago. There is a Turkish blogger over @ Makyaj Gunlugu (Make-Up Diary) where she posts daily about make-up looks, make-up items, brands, etc... Basically everything about make-up. You may not understand Turkish, but she has make-up videos and photos which you may benefit from.

Anyhow, so that was the first place I heard of the brand. A few days after that, a friend of mine mentioned the same product on her Facebook group Make-Up and More where she regularly posts up detailed product reviews. Feel free to join and browse through her group. Until then I didn't know the product was available in Australia.

I popped over to the Bella Pierre website and saw that they had a free trial offer. They have these "Get the Look" packs containing the eyeshadow colours you will need to get a certain look (e.g. smoky eyes). The kit contains 3 shimmery mineral eyeshadows, 1 eyeshadow base, 1 eyeshadow brush, and 1 eyeliner brush. It normally costs around $100 AUD, but for the first 100 people, they have this free trial offer. You can select the look kits you are interested in, and you can test the product for free of charge for 16 days. You only pay a small fee for postage and that's all. However, if you do not return the product within the 16 day time-frame, your credit card will be charges $100 AUD per kit!

I ordered 2 kits: Deep Ocean and Purple Storm which I got for free under the trial offer. I also ordered a kabuki brush, a blush brush, 3 mineral foundations (I got the sample packs which only cost $9.95 AUD each) to test which colour is best for me, and I also ordered one of their shimmery mineral foundations in green (colour name: insist).

I couldn't experience the joy of tearing my package apart when I received it, because when I got home, I saw that my husband did it for me! He usually wont open any envelopes that come in my name as he knows they are bills!!! But when I receive parcels, he opens them as he can only wonder where I spent the money. :)) His other excuse is "parcels are always sent to you, no one sends me anything! I want to experience the joy of opening a package too..." I tell him all he has to do is order something online, but he's tight. :))

Well, I didn't get to rip into the package, but I did love and caress my products when I laid hands and eyes on them. :))) The brushes are just absolutely wonderful. They are made from 100% natural hair. You can soooo tell the difference between the synthetic ones and these ones. I will write about brushes in a later post.

So, I have 16 days to test and send the 2 kits. That's not a long time considering that we do have other things to do. :)) When I got home last night, I sat down and opened up the Deep Ocean Look kit. I have to say that I absolutely loved the eyeshadow base. I don't know how I ever used eyeshadow before this without using the eyeshadow base. It's amazing stuff!

Now the kit doesn't contain the mineral foundation, but I used the one that came in my order. Apparently I am a "Cinnamon" person. I discovered this after testing the "Ivory" and "Latte". The 3 colours I ordered were the lightest in the range after the "Ultimate" which is like white! The other great thing is that this company has foundation colours to suit women of all ethnic backgrounds and colours. I was amazed at their range of colours available for all. So if you are very dark or very pale, you should check out their website (once again, nobody is paying me, but I wish they did! LOL) as I know of many people who fit into these categories and have a tough time finding the right foundation colour for their skin tone.

I have never before used mineral make-up. I thought it wouldn't look so good on my skin, because I usually cannot use the matt foundations. They look cakey and that's a sore sight for eyes my dears. :) And now, again, I don't know how in the world I loved without it! I'm absolutely in love! My skin looks airbrushed with this foundation - but I do have to add that buffing up with the kabuki brush did wonders too.

Once I try out the Purple Storm kit, I will post that also. In the meantime, check out the photos below. :)

As you can see, these are my before front/side profile shots. Not a gram of make-up on my face!


The one on the left is what the kit pack looks like. The photo on the right is the look (Deep Ocean) that is promised to be achieved with the items in the pack. There is a step-by-step guide under the top cover of the pack explaining what should be used and how. Although I have to admit that I didn't find it too practical. I mean, for those who don't know too much about make-up application, (I personally believe) it may be a little confusing/complicated. But that's just me, someone else might find it very helpful.


This is the result that I achieved. It's not 100% like the original photo, but I think I did pretty ok. I used the sepia effect on the rest of the photo so you could see the intensity of the eyeshadow a lot better. They are so pigmented and so soft... After my Inglot shadows, I am now in love with the Bella Pierre shadows. Also, please note that the Bella Pierre shadows (they call them shimmer powders) can also be used as eyeliner, blush, lipstick, nailpolish, mascara. I will probably do another post on this, but I tried it as an eyeliner and I didn't find it as intense as I would like it to be.


Front profile shot. This look was created using the following:

Bella Pierre Eyeshadow Base
Bella Pierre Foundation in Cinnamon
Bella Pierre Get The Look Kit in Deep Ocean
Prestige Eyeliner Pencil in Black
Inglot Blush in Freedom B2
Inglot Long and Curly Mascara in Black
Inglot Eyeshadow in Brown (used to fill in eyebrows)
Revlon Lipstick (an old one, don't know colour code)

So from the photos, it is obvious that the Deep Ocean Look is intense and "out there". I don't think it's a look that I would personally wear. Maybe once in a blue moon at an exclusive ladies only event if it really matches my outfit, but other than that, it's just too much colour for me.

Do you like the colours? Have you tried this brand before? Let me know what you think about the product/look. :)

Mwah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration