Tuesday, October 26, 2010

First Lady Style Watch: Turkey - Hayrunnisa Gul

Born in 1965, Harunnisa Gul, wife to Abdullah Gul, Turkey's 11 President. So she is currently Turkey's very contraversial First Lady. The contraversy comes from her being a hijabi. She is Turkey's FIRST hijabi First Lady. Can you see what I mean?

For a secular country like Turkey, this is a huge thing. It's been three years and it's still an issue. Oh Allah, as if there are no other significant issues left for the parliament to deal with.

Anyhow, let's get to the point. Hopefully this will be an ongoing segment... I have chosen to start this segment, because ladies in the parliament generally dress modestly. I have come across many inspirational images that we ourselves can implement.

Regarding Hayrunnisa Gul, some hate her style and some love it. I find her style generally simple, well coordinated, clean, and neat. We all make mistakes, so 1-2 mistakes here and there isn't going to kill anybody, and since Turkey's First Lady is human... well obviously she too is prone to making mistakes like the rest of us. What I'm trying to say is: I like her style. LOL

Here are some of her ootd's that I like... :)


I wouldn't have thought of teaming grey with such a pastel blue. I probably would have gone for white with this blue instead, but I love how the grey makes it look softer. Great choice.


Yup! You guessed right; I love the brown leather jacket with her cream hijab. Lovely...


Simply elegant... The Turkish media argues that this woman stands out and looks tacky amongst the other first ladies. I could say a lot about this photo, but saying negative things about some of the other ladies in this photo would sound like I'm pointing the 'facts' just to make 'my' lady look good lol So I aint giving any names. You tell me what you find wrong in this photo... I think Turkey's first lady is probably the best thing here. I'm not biased... promise! :)


Queen Elizabeth's visit to Turkey... The headpiece Mrs Gul wore on this occasion was the talk of the country. It seems different at first, but after seeing it so many times on the tabloids (I was in Turkey back in those days) it started to grow on me. I think it looks fine. :P The only thing I would change about Gul's outfit here would be the shoes! I'd throw 'em away and put some heels on her... but I believe this was done stratigically so that she didn't stand too tall next to the Queen out of respect (note that the Queen is wearing heels and she is still a tad bit shorter)... I'm just assuming :))


This is one of the recent photos... I love everything about her outfit here, minus the platform shoes. They are nice, but she looks like she's going to a party.. all sweet and cute... :)) Probably if the dress length was a little longer, the platforms would not have stood out as much.


What do you lovelies think?

I think this woman is not afraid of colour and experimenting. That's why I think she is so damn gorgeous as a 'package'. :) Mashaallah...

Do you like her style?

There aren't too many photos to judge from, but yeah.. some of you would already know her and have seen her style before... so yeah, gimme opinions peeps.. you are too quiet! :))

Now I gotta go and sleep, so bye! :)

Mwahhhh

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration