Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A daughter

So here I am. I tried to get some sleep tonight. But I find myself rolling and turning back and forth, back and forth on my bed. So I decided to switch the lights back on, and took my macbook. There's so many things puzzling and going on in my head, I just need to type it out. Or more like yapping, some of you might discover that later on.

You know, ever since I was little, I've always seen the similarities between my family and the Von Trapp family in The Sound of Music. Not the singing part, mind you, but the so called family ties between the 7 jolly children and their dad. Hmm. First and foremostly, my dad is a captain. Same goes with Captain Von Trapp. The Captain in the movie was portrayed as a remarkably charming father who brought up his children with utter strictness and a strong sense of authoritativeness. At the same time, Captain Von Trapp is also a person who has the soul of a parakeet. Proven in the scene where he sang that melodious Edelweiss song(Which I love).

In real life, my dad, whom I see so very much alike with Captain Von Trapp plays the piano/organ beautifully and has the keen eye for creativity and innovativeness running through his veins. Parallel to that, he raised the four of us like we were his mini troops. When I was little, we were totally scared to even cause the slightest bit of anger coming from him. For everything wrong we did, kena rotan. Biasalah tu~ It was compulsory for me to go poop on time every evening(he made me do it everyday..haha), we were required to chant out the multiplication numbers with an expectation that we get it right, I was taught how to replace the burnt light bulbs, how to fix leaking pipes under the sink, how does the stock market work, how to set the TV antennae on the roof, explained on the political issues happening in our cou try, climbed the ladder to pluck rambutans at our backyard, how to repaint our old furnitures the right way, fix the broken toilet flush and also some carving skills were passed on too. It was hard those times. But looking back on it, I'm glad he taught me those things. It's more than just the chore of doing it, but actually the the whole process of him explaining all of this back then was what made it memorable. He would find a way to make me really understand how and why.

Secretly some times at night, I remember I used to pretend to fall asleep in front of the TV, just so that he'd come by and carried me and my little sister to our room and tucked us in bed. My dad is a very tall man. So me and my sister was actually enjoying the high lift that we got some nights while trying hard to close our eyes as if we were sleeping. Hihi. I remember too, those times when he used to come in our rooms and made sure that we slept with our blankies covered up until our necks. Something about his theory of ensuring that we had a warm and cozy sleep throughout the night, despite the fact that after he left the room, I would kick the blankie off of me :P

Well, most of those things happened like 10 years ago. But still, it still felt really close. You know how people always say dads will always defend daughters and mommies would defend the sons. Well, my dad got four princesses on his side :P

Dear daddy, just want you to know, you only have 1 queen, and four princesses who would do just about anything for you. Here's a song to you daddy. For without you I wouldn't be who I am today.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration