Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cooking programs and some kebab

Those who know me, know I hate cooking with a passion.. and what I hate even more is watching cooking programs. However, thanks to mummy dearest, I get the 'opportunity' to watch it every single day during the week. Oh and some nights there is nothing else for her to watch and so we do a cooking show marathon. My God, I had to put up with 4-5 hours of cooking shows.

So with all the visual 'practice' I friggen wanna cook and eat different stuff now. Not that I can skull down much of it, but yeah... so the question every day is, what different meal do we prepare tonight? We go through our memory of things we saw on the shows and which ones we remembered with ingredients and methods.

See, when you are two people watching the same show, even if you forget something, the other reminds you and vice versa, so yeah you get a perfect meal. :))

Today we made the kebab with and eggplanty dish... We had seen this two nights ago and have been talking about making it since. With this dish, it wasn't the kebab that was stuck on our mind, it was the eggplant dip/salad/dish (dunno what to call it) under the kebab that made us do it.

You know what? It was SO TOTALLY WORTH IT. It turned out to be one of the yummiest meals I ever had.

The eggplant thingy is made up of roasted eggplant all diced up... some garlic, tincy wincy bit of olive oil, salt, lemon, a couple scoops of yoghurt, and a scoop of something called Tahini (Turks and Arabs use it, and it's sold at general super markets such as Woolworths too!). Then we grilled some Adana Kebab with red capsicums, mushroom and onions.. and added some Shepherd's Salad to the side...

Believe me... I haven't tasted anything like it before (I may do a demonstrative video.. shall see) and I strongly recommend. It is a recipe from Chef Omer. If I am not mistaken he won something like a world chef award. Whatever... Even though I may not fully enjoy cooking, I don't mind it as much anymore. :)))

Here is what our meal looked like:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration