Monday, May 30, 2011

Hijab Fashion Week - Day #2: Formal Attire

So today's category is formal attire. We were asked, "What would you wear to formal event?  This can be traditional/cultural events, black tie event, weddings, etc etc."

I have not had the chance to attend a formal event in yonks... literally! So I do not have much suitable for such an event. Therefore, I chose to attend my own henna party. :) Why? Well, that is like the only over the top dress I have. I also thought it would be an opportunity to do up my hijab to give an idea to those who may need it.

Now, I had to cinch the dress with pins all over at the back as I weighed a lot more on my own henna night (five years ago). So that's why it really doesn't sit as it should.

I should also note that, although very simple, the dress is my own design. I drew it up, and my tailor did the sewing. :) My original hijab style was different, and it was done by someone other than myself as I didn't do hijab styling back then. I have to say I wasn't too happy with it, because even though the style was a nice one, it was very wrong for my face shape. I didn't really have a say in it as it was the first time I saw what hijab styling actually is. I had not seen any designs prior to my own henna party. So the stylist just did it up as she desired.

So, important tip for those who may be getting their hijab styled anytime in the near/far future: make sure you google various styles well in advance or even ask your stylist if she can show you any of her work. Check out the face shapes and what styles look best on certain face shapes. Because no matter how gorgeous the style is, if it aint gonna suit you, you aint gonna be happy with your photos. Trust me!

The style I used for this occasion is an Ottomanesque one... it was inspired by the head-pieces that were worn by the Sultans (the women in the Royal Families)... As I mentioned many a time before, I find them to be more elegant compared to the bunched/scrunched up ones.

Oh, I shall be doing a post on tips for hijabis planning to have their hijab styled for certain occasions soon. So make sure you follow my blog! :)))

Okay, this has been too long of a post for HFW, so I shall stop at this, and share the photos for today's category: Formal Attire. As I mentioned above, my outfit is more suitable for my own henna party, or an engagement/wedding of a very close friend or family.


Check out the leopard print platforms (from this post) peeping out from under ;) I wanted it to be slightly different to the standard strappy evening shoes. :)
  



  
Hijab & Hijab Style: edb Collection, Accessory: Lovisa, Gown: design by edb Collection, Shoes: Forever New
The make-up and head-piece. You can click on each individual photo to see in larger, detailed format.


Don't forget to click back for Day #3's outfit tomorrow! Also, click on the loveHFW button below for more details on the event, giveaways, many other blogger looks, updates, and more more moooooreeeee :)))


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration