Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dressing up for a party

I actually thought about the English translation of the sort of party I went to. It literally translates as "circumcision henna party". I have no idea if this is a custom specific to Turks. I don't mean the act of circumcision, I mean the 'henna party' to celebrate/announce the circumcision?

Well anyways... It was that kind of party hosted by a very dear friend. Most of the guests were very close friends from highschool, uni, and religious studies classes. So it was a lovely night catching up with everybody and also full of dancing and partying as it was a ladies only event once again. :)

I may share some photos from the party in a later post, but I am so tired now, and also very very sick. I believe I now how the flu. :( I also have heaps of work, so keeping this post short...

I tried to keep my outfit simple, so I went along with a maxi dress I had hanging in the closet for a while. I also wanted to do my hijab in a way that wouldn't look too plain, but not over the top either. So I thought I could jazz it up with an embellished headband. I did get a lot of compliments, but I don't know if I will rock the same style again... :)

So, what do you think?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration