Monday, September 26, 2011

1001 Looks with One Skirt

Okay I exaggerate. I don't know if I can achieve 1001 different looks with one single item. Who knows, it may be possible if I had 500 other different items to mix and match with. :)

However, when the lovely Zaenab @ Stylish Muslimah featured me on her blog a few days ago (many thanks), she brought to my attention that I posted a few different looks with one skirt a few months ago. I wasn't aware I had blogged the same skirt three times. Not that this is a bad thing... In fact, it is a good thing. :) You can click away to Zaenab's blog to view my three out outfit looks with the same skirt. Oh, and while you are there, I strongly recommend following her blog too. One of the many blogs that I enjoy following. :)

So, now that this was brought to my attention, I wanted to wear the same skirt again. It's a good thing that I had my dearest mother take the skirt in before moving to Sydney -it was starting to fall off my waist as I walked. LOL

This time we have a fourth look that is also different from the previous three. I remember saying I needed a beige blazer/cardi. Although I still need the beige blazer/cardi, I have a beige turtle neck and a black blazer instead. Previously I had tried this skirt with a black hijab and a green one, and since burgundy looks just awesome with beige, I opted to wear my burgundy pashmina shawl the Turkish way. This hijab look is almost the only style of hijab you see on the streets for the past year. While in Melbourne, I have only seen a couple girls and myself wear this style. My mother hates it with a passion! The only reason being that she is not used to seeing anybody wear this particular style. She really dislikes anything different and new... until it becomes her own (she doesn't wear hijab, so in general). :)

The thing that makes this style so popular is that it is very quick and easy to style, and most importantly, it elongates the face while slimming it down. A huge bonus for those who have round faces like myself.

I had personally ordered these from the Turkish hijab house that manufactures these hijabs, but put my order on hold for a few reasons. I am not really sure if they will be popular here. It might be a little too early for that, and they are not really budget hijabs. The ones used in summer are made of silk, so they are quite pricey - think Armine, Aker, Pierre Cardin silk hijabs (in terms of price). So yes, for now, my order currently awaits in Turkey...

Now here are the photos. You be the judge... :)

xx





I look like I need to pee here, when in fact, I need to do just that as I write this.
Coincidence? I don't think so.
Too much detail? Right on baby! :)


Sooooo.... If you've seen the previous three looks with the same skirt, which is your fave out of the four looks?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration