Sunday, September 18, 2011

An image and my tomato+cheese brekkie

Hallo!

Just felt like saying.. well.. typing that.. :)

My entire body is aching from moving into our new rental property. I really don't know why, because we hardly have any furniture to move, as everyhting is in storage back in Melbourne. LOL I guess it was all the cleaning at the place we moved out from and the cleaning after coming here. But yeah, every limb just hurts.

Enough of that. :) I am very grateful to have found a place and be in my own place now. It's moments like these that one truly understand the meaning of "Home, sweet home". Alhamdulillah.

Anyhow, whilst driving the other day, I was at the traffic lights and noticed the silhouette of a building far far across the road. It was of Galippoli mosque in Auburn (Sydney). It simply looked beautiful. It is very common to see such views in countries such as Turkey, Lebanon, Malaysia, etc... You get my drift... But in countries like Australia, it is truly a gift... A gift, which I personally take for granted.

Anyhow, it was so beautiful that I took a photo of it. It's not so clear as I took it on my iphone, and it's also very distant and the sun had just set, but you can still make out the image. :)




I like how the Mc Donald's sign came out on the right. LOL I just can't get over how many halal food joints they have here. I mean there are so many halal Maccas, KFCs, Krispy Kremes here. Oh my Allah, it's so hard to maintain one's weight here. However, I was very sad to see so many muslims dining at non-halal food outlets despite the amazing number of halal food outlets that are available.


And now that we have a decent sized balcony (first floor), and such lovely weather in Sydney, I have my brekkie out on the balcony. :) It's great because I have trees in front which block anyone outside from seeing me and what I'm doing. :) Oh and had I mentioned, the weather is beautiful? ;)

So this morning I thought I must have my tomato+cheese salad kinda dish for brekkie. It's quick, low in calories, and yummoooo.


So for anybody that may be interested in trying it out... Depending on how many people are going to enjoy this delicious dish, add more tomatoes and cheese, but I have one large tomatoe diced here.

I first peeled the tomato, but you don't have to. I just can't digest the skin, so I get rid of it.

Then you get white cheese (such as Bulgarian Fetta, Greek Dodoni, etc. etc. you know, the salty types).

Once you have diced your tomatoes, sprinkle some salt on it (the amount depends on how salty you like your food). Then dice or mash some cheese over the tomatoes. Once that's done, get a cap full (or more if you have more tomatoes) of olive oil (I like extra virgin).. Don't use anything other than olive oil, it's that mediterranean olive taste that gives this salad that oomph!

ONE MORE THING: squeeze some lemon over it. You don't have to.. you can try both with and/or without lemon juice, but it gives a totally different taste. Then all you do is mix it with a spoon then serve.

Bon appetit! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration