Monday, June 21, 2010

Style: Something Special

Tis me again, live from Turkey! :)) It's past midnight and the air is JUST starting to get a little cooler. kay, so I have been shopping like crazy for customers the past few days. So far I have some hot stuff from Armine, and I have "used" my sister-in-law to model the outfits for me. I thought it would be a good idea to share some of the styles I put together to give ideas to fellow hijabis.

So today's combination is "Something Special" as I think that it is more suitable for a special occasion, wedding, etc. etc. It is a full length A-line dress with gold coloured embellishments around the neckline. The dress is quite fitted up top, so personally, I believe it is more suitable for a ladies only event --- your choice!

When I look at this dress, I feel it has a certain Arabian air to it. So I decided to wrap the scarf accordingly, and use heavy Arabian-like make-up for a night look.

The scarf is a plain satin twill black square one, but I just wrapped it as if it were a long/rectangular one. I used gold and charcoal eyeshadow from Inglot for the eyes, MAC gel eyeliner pot, Revlon compact foundation, MAC bronzer blush. I decided to go for a light coloured lipstick as the eyes are dark/dramatic.

Another rule with styling such a dress would be "less is more"! Do not over accessorize, do not add colours to it. I personally believe that even a plain gold scarf or patterned scarf would be too much for this dress. To keep it elegant, you can opt to use another scarf. There are some you may be able to find... They are plain black with gold border details. So either that or plain black is the best way to go I say!

Some nice gold bangles and/or gold cocktail ring would also add to this outfit. As for bags and shoes... Go for a gold coloured clutch and gold coloured spaghetti strap heels.



I would like to thank my beautiful sister-in-law Filiz from here for helping me out. Isn't she just gorgeous mashaallah? :)




Oh, and before I got, some credit to myself :)))))

Amateur Photography by me
Make-up by me
Hijab styling by me
Outfit put together by me
Blog posted by me
me me me me me meeeeeeee :))))))

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration