Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hijab of the Week

This week, our hijab of the week is a gorgeous beauty from the beautiful Turkish city Bursa. Remember I had mentioned it in one of my posts a few weeks back? Well, I forgot to add that Bursa is world reknowned for its beautiful A class silk. So much so that a couple years back the Queen of England had paid a visit to Bursa to purchase some...

Anyhow, to the point... This weeks hijab is from a beautiful brand in Bursa, and they are famous for their traditional Turkish porcelain prints. The said porcelain designs (motifs) are inspired by those from the Ottoman era, which make them just that much more special.

This hijab is a typical square Turkish hijab, but I wrapped it around like a long rectangular one. I am actually really fond of this and I wear it with my peacock blue overcoat. I believe they go quite well. I can't wait until the sun shines in Australia so I can team this hijab with my said overcoat, and swap the indigo jeans for white wide leg pants (black ones will do just fine but I like white pants in summer). I have a short black sleeveless dress which I wear over my pants... so all I need now is a thin red belt!!! Now that is going to be a tough one 'cos it's just dang difficult to find plus sized belts in anything other than black! Ooohhh, can't wait for summer!!!! :))

Whoopsie, forgot the photo. Here you go...



Now, I know this is a very traditional pattern, but I'm going to ask you the million dollar question anyway. Anybody likey? I'm asking, because my mum says it looks like something somebody would wear to bed (i.e. nightgown). I beg to differ! So what do you think???

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration