Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Cake

My cake turned out great. Alhamdulillah! First time in my life my cake turned out so good. The centre would almost always sink in or it would be too stiff... orrrr whatever whatever... if you know what I mean. I'm not the type of person who is too much into cooking which is why I don't have the talent... Practice makes perfect, and me no practice! :)

Well, here are photos from the cake :)

Even this looks nice LOL


In the oven.. the centre is still a little moist, so we cook it some more... :) Doesn't the golden colour look gorgeous? I fell in love with it haha You can tell I don't cook, yeah? :P


And the final product... As you can see I overdid the chocolate chips that they started to sink into the cake :)) It tasted yummy... Seriously... My mum and sis who are worse than the jury on Master Chef loved it :))

Now, I gotta tell ya, it looks like a basic chocolate chip cake, but it's different because there is one certain ingredient that separates it from the other choc chip cakes, and it's a Turkish one he he :))

Anyone interested? Here's the recipes girlies:

Ingredients:
- 3 eggs (I used 2 cos mine were jumbo size and I hate the smell of eggs in anything, espec. cakes!)
- 1.5 cups of castor sugar
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 1 pk vanilla powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I used a little bit less cos it's already fattening)
- 1 pk. baking powder
- 1 pk. Krem Santi (this is what I was talking about... It's actually like icing sugar, but a little different. Youc an find it at ALL Turkish food stores)
- as much flour as required (I did 3 cups full... it's meant to be a little more runny than a normal cake)
- choc bits/chips if you want

Method:

- add the eggs and sugar to a bowl and mix until it becomes sort of foamy/bubbly... I used a hand mixer, use an electronic blender if you wish

- add the milk and krem santi (icing) and mix until it becomes like a creme

- add the vegetable oil and vanilla and mix

- lastly add the baking powder and flour... remember it should be a little more runny than a normal cake mix, but it isn't too important... I used 3 cups flour, you can use more or less... up to you

- now oil your cake pan with margarine and lightly powder it with flour (so it doesn't stick) and pour in your cake mix.

- after pouring the mix into the cake pan, add as many choc chips as you desire, but I suggest you wait a little, because I added mine as soon as I poured it in, and some of the choc chips sunk in :)

- oh and don't forget to warm your oven ... they never say when or how long.. I just turned it onto 180 degrees celcius when I started mixing the cake and it turned out fine. Keep the oven at 180 degrees when you put the cake in the oven and wait until the top starts to crack. If the top has cracked but the centre is still moist, reduce the oven temperature to 150 degrees and wait for it to cook some more. It probably took me 45-50 mins to cook the cake.

Just a note, due to the krem santi (icing mix), your cake (after being cooked) should be a little moister on the sponge part compared to normal cakes. This is what makes it so yummy to eat... Well try it and lemme know how you go :)

Bon Appetite! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration