Monday, February 28, 2011

A full weekend

The 2nd Annual Anatolian Arts & Culture Festival (organised by the Istanbul Culture & Arts Centre) took place at Docklands this weekend. I wasn't really able to enjoy it to the fullest, because I had a stall at the event and was working.

I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have help. It was sooooo tiring. I would like to use this opportunity to thank my mother, husband, sister, and niece for helping me this past weekend. I seriously think I would have left early as I caught a cold and yeah, I mentioned it was very tiring, did I not? LOL

The weather was a little problematic, but hey, this is Melbourne! However, it did not ruin the event. Maybe the turnup would have been higher had the weather been like last year, but it was still packed on Sunday night for the band that came from Turkey.

I actually think there were a lot more Anglo Aussies during the day than Turks and/or Muslims... and they seemed so nice and appreciative...

Apart from a few ups and downs on behalf of the organisation, the set-up and event was an awesome one. I can't wait for next year's event! :)))

Since I was working, I couldn't really take photos, so I will share a couple from others' cams. Oh and of course photos of what I wore... I'm only putting up Sunday's outfit, I will post Saturday's in another post.

Love & Kisses! :)


The Ottoman Band, Mehter


Folk Dancing


Ayna (meaning "Mirror") - A popular band from Turkey
Photo by Seval Furgan


That is only half the crowd!

My husband and I working :)


I was so cold in the morning that I just wanted to wrap myself in layers and layers of clothing. To finalise my outfit, I wrapped around my navy shawl and wore my belt to hold the front together. It actually looks like a jacket/cardi, and so I like the look. :) I think I will be doing this with many of my shawls during the cooler seasons. :)





Silk Scarf: from edb Collection
Pashmina Shawl: from edb Collection
Navy Skirt: edb Collection
Belt: Katies
Shoes: Novo
Gold Ring: Lovisa
LV Watch and Prada Bag: replicas :)


Oh, and this baby is a gift from my husband. He bought it from the silver stall at the festival. I love it. The photo DOES NOT do justice to it. It is sterling silver even though it looks gold in the photo. The design is inspired by old Ottoman designs which is why I love it so much :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration