Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hijab Fashion Week - Day #3: Work Out Wear

Yup! Today is the day I totally embarrass myself. :) I mentioned on Love HFW's Facebook wall that this is the category in which I will look like a homeless person. :) I was actually going for a homeboy (rapper) or college dropout boyish look... but somehow ended up looking homeless! LOL

Anyhow, I usually go to an all ladies gym, so I don't fuss too much about what I am wearing when working out. However, when working out (going for a jog or power walking) outdoors, a hijabi needs to fuss somewhat over her hijab. Firstly, most workout wear is not modest enough. Secondly, I do not really like wearing a huge trench coat or something while trying to workout. It feels uncomfortable.

Online stores like Ahiida (hijabi sportswear and swimwear) and Islamic Design House (their main specialty is sports/casual abayat) are good sources of things to wear when working out outdoors. However, I have none. :)) So I made use of what I had... Jersey harem pants! I would definitely wear these for walks and jogs outdoors. However, I think they may be somewhat dangerous for bike riding. :)

And theeeen I popped on my Capsters Basic style hijab (you can read my review here and view other looks), and threw over my hoodie to achieve the look I was going for (don't forget, it's winter in Australia, well first day of winter is today :) which is why I am so rugged up).

Now, you can't really wear full on joggers/sneakers under harem pants. That would just look ridiculous me thinks? :) So what else, what else?? Hmmm, Converse! Yup! Converse it is. :)

So it's quite basic actually. :) I'm just missing my fingerless gloves/mittens. That would totally achieve the homeless look, yeah? hehe


Yo yo gangstaz, w'sup? I know, I drained it once again. LOL


Oh! Don't forget to get clickety click the Love HFW button/link below for more and more awesomeness looks. :) Mwah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration