Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dior & Hijab

I really dislike cold weather. I am a sunny person (I don't know if such a thing exists... but it does now cos I made it up? :)) I prefer sweating to freezing. I would rather sweat and shower 2-3 times a day instead of trying to get warm under layers and layers of clothing plus a blanket. :) Yes, I get really cold! :) Anyhow, while the weather is cooling down here in Oz, world famous brands are already launching their 2010-2011 Autumn/Winter creations. No wonder we are so behind in fashion down under! By the time the products that are currently in fashion around the world becomes fashion here 10-12 months after it is first launched. Oh well... at least we have the internet. :))

Back to the topic... Whist I was browsing through some of the items that are fashioned for the autumn/winter of 2010-2011, a few Dior combinations were immediately saved on my laptop! I didn't even think twice before saving them, because they are chic, and most importantly they are very easy to hijabify. You don't always come across fashion that can be hijabified very easily without coming across as a "try hard" or "suffocated under layers and layers of clothes".

So, when the weather starts to cool down, I may not like it as much because I become a real biatch with crazy mood swings due to deprivation of sunshine (yes I know, you may not care, but I told you anyway and you are free to do whatever you wish with this piece of top secret info) :), I have to admit that we hijabis find our best buys during these cold and gloomy seasons. Long skirts, long sleeves, coverage... Some features common to most of the clothing items that are available during the cold months.

Anyways, I would like to share the Dior photos I saved on my laptop. I absolutely love the flowing dresses with the jackets/coat on top. These outfits may not be suitable to wear on a day-to-day basis, but they are definitely inspirational to jazz up our own style don't you think? I also love that we will be seeing more of the pastel and nude tones in the next autumn/winter season too (since this fashion will be coming to Oz around mid-late 2011). Woohoo! :))
Even though I love all three, my favourite is the outfit in the first photo. What about you? Would you wear anything similar to these outfits?

Ok, I will leave you to it... in love and peace... :)

 
Yeppers, this is my fave! Colour, cut, and all!


I do like this, but the fur trimming is a bit too much for moi...


I am not too much of a fan of wearing long coats over long dresses as such, but I think this is done very well. I also can't get over how hot those boots look peeping out under the dress. I am also not a fan of short dress length + long boots to cover the legs that would otherwise show (I would rather just wear something that is full-length), but this does not seem that way to me. The boots don't seem to emphasize the legs, leg shape, etc. That is what makes it seem so hot to me. I dunno about you, but the more I look at this, the more I likes it. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration