Sunday, August 29, 2010

As the sun shines down on me...

The early morning sun which has lately been peeping out from behind the clouds boasts with the great news that spring is just around the corner. Wednesday the 1st of September will be day 1 of spring here in the land down under. I'm sure many Aussies like myself have been enjoying the slightly warmer weather with brighter sunny days the past few days...

Anyway, the connection? Well, I feel like putting in more effort into my outfits on sunny days. No idea why (might have SAD*? lol), but it just gets me in the mood... I don't have too many bright coloured clothing, so even though I want to experiment a little, I am unable to, because 95% of my wardrobe is black! Grrrr

So I was out shopping this weekend, and I made an effort to go for some different colours. Now, I did invest in a black jacket for Eid and am sooooooo in love with it, but I went for other items that were lighter/different colours. Even though I think I spent a little over my budget at a time when I shouldn't indulge so much in shopping (just got back from overseas!), I am very very veeerrryyy pleased with the things I've been purchasing of late.

You say "whatever!", okay, so I get the point. :) Today's outfit consists of some items that I have worn previously in past posts, but I have one new item. So here goes... :)


Signature pose :)



Slightly confident with a touch of snob :) (don't mind the crinkle on the tummy, it seems the dress got stuck on my jean button)



Not as doosy as I had promised, but will do as I still look like a weirdo :))

Military Style Jacket: Crossroads --previously worn, click to see relevant post
Light Black Wide-Legged Jeans: City Chic --previously worn, click here to see relevant post
Sleeveless Nude Dress: Maggie T --new item, and I am absolutely in lurve with it --especially since I found it reduced from $139 AUD to $12.50 AUD! :)))
Nude Wedge Shoes: Novo --previously worn, click to see relevant post
Silk Scarf: Armine 2010 S/S Collection (from edb Collection) --previously worn, click to see relevant post


Now I'm happy with my outfit today, but I would have loved it if I had lighter coloured pants! Possibly creamy beige? Or would that have been too light? I'm not too sure, but I thought a lot about it and was about to put the whole outfit back in the cupboard... However, I thought that if I wore this particular scarf with the dark grey/light black colouring in it, it just might work. I guess it's not too bad! What do you think beautifuls? :)

xoxo


* SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) is a type of winter depression

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration