Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Get Ready... Get Set... Get Nautical!

While in Turkey this year... I absolutely loved seeing almost everybody clad in 2010's favourite spring/summer colours; navy, red, white.

I've always thought this colour combination is very classy, and have always had something in these colours to wear especially during the warmer seasons. So as the warmer weather approaches us in the land down under (even though I'm sitting by the heater at the moment LOL), I welcome the nautical colour theme with love... Pffft BIG DEAL! I know, but I just felt like adding the thing about love, it sounds good? heheh

Aaaaanywaaaay... Let's get down to business, yeah? :)


My dear beloved camera is back. So what you see there in my hand is the remote... it's better than setting the timer on the other cam! :)


Strike a pose! Not Vogue material, but who the hell is Vogue ha? :))

Royal Blue Long Cardi: Tekbir (from edb Collection)
Little Black Dress (not mentioning this anymore, you will get sick of it LOL)
Jeans: Millers (They actually used to be my niece's, but they are a little big for her, so now they're mine! I never shop from Millers, except when mum wants to go, but seems they sometimes have nice stuff.)
Shoes: Novo (Yes, again!)
Belt: K-mart
Scarf: Armine 2010-2011 A/W Collection (from edb Collection)


Yeppers! A close-up shot of the scarf, and a "howdy, how ya doin'?" kinda pose just for you! :)


Okay, who has an iPhone? Oops, wrong question; Who DOESN'T have an iPhone? Well I love mine, and to me, the covers I use are just as important as any other accessory! I don't have like loads of covers, but I plan to have more. Trust me, I only have 4. This is a cheapo one, a bargain at $3 Aussie buckeroonies... And to top it off, it was a gift from my one and only abowski*. So how many covers do you have? Abowski had another one, the same but in black... I chose this one for this cardi LOL I thought, 'go for something other than black for once woman!' Surprise surprise! I actually listened to me :))

Ah, and the shoes... I know they aren't the prettiest pair, but they are by far the comfiest! I have practically worn them out during the past 3 months as I can make them work for any occasion. Also, perfect height thanks to the short wedge heel!


By now, followers of this blog must have noticed my belts. I'm almost always wearing a belt. And NO, they don't make us look fatter... Maybe fatsier (it's not a typo!.. it just means 'yeah I may have some extra meat (i.e. fat) but I can be pretty' LOL I just made it up.. use is at your own discretion)!

Honestly, if used properly, it can enhance any plus sized woman's look... Some need to wear it at the empire waist (just below the breasts), some at the tummy, and some at the hips... depends on your body shape and what you are wearing... I very rarely wear it over a jacket or cardi, etc... I wear it under... so it gives a more slimming look rather than placing emphasis on the curvier side of things... if you kow what I mean :))

The biggest problem is being able to find some nice belts for us 'curvier' women. City Chic has some really nice ones, but prices usually start from $39.99 AUD... and they are almost always black! Autograph sometimes has some really hot ones, but not all the time! Once again, they are quite pricey... usually start from $49.99 AUD. Also, don't forget to check out K-mart for the cheaper ones.. they are not creative ones, nonetheless you can get standard-good looking ones for as low as $12-$15 AUD.

IMHO, belts should be a staple for any plus sized woman's wardrobe, especially if you wear cardis, jackets, coats, etc on top of your clothing... I like to leave the front part open as I think it gives a different effect :)

I would actually love a red belt to go with this outfit.. or just want one anyway! I'm especially looking for the thin ones, but will take any if I find it. Anyone know where I find one in the plus size range?

Sorry about the extra reading you had to do this time. :))

Mwahhh

* "Abowski" is what I call m sister. The Turkish for "older sister" is "abla" (pronounced aab-lah). In some Turkish villages they say "aba". It's a quite popular way of saying "abla" in the Aegian area of Turkey which is where I come from. So "aba" was changed to "abo" with a touch of ... ummm Russian? LOL and when I put them both together, it sort of becomes an English word that doesn't exist :)))) So yeah, when I saw "abo" or "abs" or "abowski", I'm referring to my sis. :) FYI

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration