Saturday, August 21, 2010

Smokey Eyes or Smokin' Eyes? :)

I just realised that I hadn't done any make-up look posts for a while... sooooo the other day I was too early for work, and guess what I did? I played with my make-up! :)

I always go for the natural look, especially since I ain't going anywhere, so I thought why not do something different? I had the colours, so I went for the smokey eye. I was embarrassed all day at the shop.. I can only imagine what the customers were thinking about this crazy woman with full on make-up, but oh well... they are only women, so I didn't think too much about it except for the fact that I was conscious of my heavy eye make-up each time ladies walked in. :)

Actually, it could and should have been darker, but I opted to use dark grey instead of full on black which I absolutely love... Peeps, invite me to a hens party or wedding! Duh! It's Ramadhan! :))


Eyeshadows were all Inglot... Nothing beats it! Would not budge all day... Don't mind the eyebrows :)
Eyeliner is MAC's jel pot
Mascara is my latest favourite, Max Factor False Lash Effect
Foundation is Bella Pierre's mineral foundation in Ivory which I always get compliments for
Blush is Inglot, but can't remember the colour code


The full picture... I opted to go totally nude/natural on the face as the eyes were already dark enough for the day... I also wanted it to blend in well with my hijab, which I think was a success :)


Little Long Note: I had a request a while back on make-up courses in Melbourne/Australia. I am very sorry about the delay, but here is some brief info:

If you are interested in just basic skills, you would probably benefit from attending a one on one 2-3 hour session at an Inglot store or even better, Gorgeous Cosmetics. Inglot offers the 'course' at any store you visit. You need to pre-book and it costs around $90 AUD. The best thing about it is that you can ask specifically for what you want to learn, and in the end your course fee is redeemable on products. So at the end of your session you are able to choose $90 worth of cosmetics/tools of your choice to keep! Gorgeous Cosmetics has a similar offer, but you would need to call (see their website) for the full details.

If you want to do a full on course with certificate and all, then I would strongly recommend The Academy of Make-up. I have looked into their course structure, spoken to someone about the courses they have on offer... and basically you can choose how much detail you want to get into. To be honest, the price is quite high, but government grants are available. They have open days 2-3 times a year, so if you call and have your name taken down, they will update you and send you invitations for any open days that may take place.

I'm not an expert, so that's all I know to pass on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Hijab Trade Fashion . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Hijab Trade Fashion | Hijab Fashion | Hijab Tutorial | Hijab Style Inspiration